Polyurethane Foam Roofing in Dallas, McKinney, & Fort Worth
Sprayed polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing is one of the most cost-effective, environmentally friendly, durable roofing systems available today. A Conklin SPF foam roof topped with one of our reflective coatings delivers 30 percent or more in energy savings per year. SPM is ideal no matter what the climate, as it insulates your building during the warm and cool months.
Save money multiple ways:
- Qualify for new green building tax credits and/or rebates offered by the federal government (Check with your local utility companies and tax adviser for details)
- Save enough in heating and/or cooling costs to pay for your new SPF foam and coating system within seven years (Actual results may vary pending an energy audit)
Custom-design SPF foam and coating systems cater to your specific geographical location and climate conditions. It can be applied to interior walls for even more energy savings. The resulting seam-free foam barrier does the following:
- Eliminates air infiltration, the leading cause of energy loss
- Offers an impressive insulation value of R-6 per inch
- Adds structural strength without adding much weight
- Can be applied to most existing roof surfaces
- Withstands hurricane-force winds
- Can easily correct damaged substrate and/or poor drainage
- Exudes water because of the foams closed-cell insulation properties
- Reduces sound transmission
- Easily repairs or recoats
SPM roofing systems have been engineered to provide a superior, energy-efficient, long-lasting roof for any building. Foam offers excellent insulation value and a smooth, durable, seam-free barrier against the elements when coated with Conklin coating systems.
Foam is so lightweight – about eight ounces per square foot – that it can be applied to most existing roof systems without exceeding the structural load capacity. Yet, it’s amazingly strong, easily withstanding light foot traffic and other weight requirements. Conklin’s foam systems have met the most stringent requirements for a variety of industry groups and are recognized by the International Conference of Building Officials.
Polyurethane Foam Roofing Advantages
Polyurethane foam roofing has been used commercially for more than 45 years but has only recently become popular with business owners recently. Its popularity likely has increased due to the fact that it is a cost-effective, efficient roofing option. If your old roof is starting to show its age, switching to foam material could have numerous advantages. For example:
- Waterproof seal – Foam roofs do not have any seams, and the material itself forms a tight seal around any vents or pipes in the roof. These seals are waterproof, ensuring no damage is incurred due to a storm.
- Insulation – Spray Foam is the perfect insulator for your business, which can significantly reduce heating and cooling costs each month.
- Durable – Polyurethane foam roofs never wear out when maintained properly. You should have the roof recoated every five years to ensure it remains in top condition, but the material is durable and can withstand weather and water for decades to come.
Polyurethane Foam Roofing Disadvantages
Polyurethane foam roofing comes with some disadvantages. First, this type of roofing typically takes longer to install. It also requires incredibly precise application — meaning that the technician installing the roof should have years of experience in foam roofing. In addition, polyurethane foam roofing can cost more than other roofing systems. If you decide to switch roofing materials, polyurethane foam roofing is often hard to remove. Lastly, because of the specialized nature of polyurethane foam roofing installation, you are more likely to face roofing installation errors with this material than with any others.
Do you have questions about installing polyurethane foam roofing? Don’t hesitate to contact Paradigm Roofing today! We’re always happy to help.
Polyurethane Modified Acrylic (PUMA) is an advanced-technology, premium roof coating. It combines the best performance of urethane and acrylic polymers to create a seamless membrane. PUMA’s one-coat, patent-pending technology is tougher and more durable than conventional acrylic roof coatings and is specially designed for new spray-in-place polyurethane foam (SPF). PUMA has outstanding strength and excellent elasticity, which gives your roof both long-term flexibility and resistance to deterioration from the elements and foot traffic. Its superior resistance to dirt and mildew keeps your roof looking new and also reduces maintenance costs for years to come.
Benchmark premium roofing systems provide the toughest protection available. With superior elongation and strength, Benchmark outperforms other acrylic coatings in withstanding expansion and contraction caused by temperature extremes. It’s also the most resistant to punctures, acid rain, air pollutants and ultraviolet degradation. Benchmark meets all Uniform Building Code regulations and has a great reputation among building professionals. Benchmark has a solar reflectivity of 85 percent.
Rapid Roof III
Rapid Roof III, is lightweight, flexible, seamless, and weatherproof. It’s white reflective top coat is not only attractive, but highly efficient with a reflective rate at 84%, making it a great energy saver. Rapid Roof III cures to a brilliant dirt resistant finish. Rapid Roof III topcoats comes in other shades such as light blue, light tan, and light gray.
Prime Time Plus
Get a quality spray foam application at a value price by using Prime Time Plus primer coat in conjunction with Rapid Roof III® 100-percent acrylic top coat. The Prime Time Plus system provides the benefit of year-round energy savings from the high-grade insulation, while the acrylic elastomeric coating system protects the foam from the elements. The Prime Time Plus system carries an Underwriters Laboratories Class A fire rating and offers an optional five-year material warranty.