Roofing Summer Maintenance Checklist
The roof over your head is designed for both comfort and security. As such, it’s important to provide proper maintenance and a thorough cleaning on occasion. By successfully caring for your roof, you’ll enable it to last longer and remain efficient in its duties. The summer is the perfect season to get out and do a little roof-related work. But where to start? Using this summer maintenance checklist, you’ll have your answer.
Summer Roof Maintenance Checklist
Since it’s a sunny day outside, now is the perfect time to get outdoors and perform a little maintenance. If you’re uncomfortable doing your own maintenance, call a professional for service instead. In any case, here’s what to accomplish:
- Inspection – Perform a complete walk around from the ground level, looking for any shingle lift, missing shingles, or cracks and dents. You’ll also want to note any moss or fungal growth, which tend to gather in corners or roof valleys.
- Flashing – Do not forget to inspect the flashing. Flashing is the metal strips around the chimney, skylights, and vents. The material often loosens during extreme weather.
- Loose Gutters – Over time, and due to heavy weather conditions, your gutter system may come loose. Tighten the bolts, ensure all channels are angled properly and aligned correctly.
The Importance of Roof Maintenance
Summer brings about challenging conditions, including higher temperatures, humidity, and intense rain. Taking the time to perform basic maintenance assures you of:
- Your roof is capable of handling heat and storms during the summer
- Your roof is in working condition
- The life expectancy of your roof is on track or extended
If you’re short on time or knowledge, you can always call Paradigm Roofing to annual roof maintenance. We’ll establish a schedule that fits into your busy lifestyle.
For professional roof maintenance, contact Paradigm Roofing by calling 972-542-7774. We’ll ensure your entire roof is both efficient and well-maintained!