How to Pick the Best Roof For Your Home
When you need a new roof, the variety of choices can be overwhelming. You can choose from natural materials like slate and wood to manmade products such as asphalt, sheet metal, and plastic polymers. Each material can be customized for your particular need. Each material has it’s own pros and cons. Here are a few tips on what to think about when choosing a new roof for your home.
Questions to Ask Your Roofing Specialist
When you are choosing a new roof, it is important to consult with a licensed roofing specialist who has experience in knowledge in the different roofing materials. Here are some good questions to ask so you can choose the best product for your home.
- What is the typical life span of the material?
- Will the material be able to hold up to local weather and storms?
- Is it too heavy for my home’s current framing?
- Will it fit my roof’s slope?
- Will the aesthetics match my current home’s style?
- Are the materials eco-friendly energy efficient?
- Is the type of roofing allowed by local building codes?
- How much will the material cost?
How to Choose Your Material
There are some material that is better than others for certain climates. For instance, if you live in a hot climate, you would want a roof that does a good job at reflecting heat so that you can cut down on electrical costs. Other factors of your home such as your roof’s slope and the strength of your framing can limit the choices you have in roofing. If you live in an area prone to heavy storms, then make sure you choose a roofing material that is strong enough with withstand high wind. The best resource is to ask your local roofing contractor. They would be able to give you a list of the best roofing material for your particular home.
If you need help in picking the best material for your new roof, contact Paradigm Roofing at 972-542-7774.