A new wooden deck can instantly transform the beauty of a home. There’s a wide variety of different shapes, color, and sizes that all contribute to a deck’s personality and over all feel. Below, we’ve listed a few tips to consider before making a new deck.
What Questions Should You Be Asking
There are a few questions you should ask yourself before renovating or building a new deck that are important to the overall outcome of the project. For starters, you’ll want to make sure your deck matches your home. So if your home has a ceder shake roof, it might make sense to get a ceder stained deck. Other questions to ask include but are not limited to:
- Do you want your deck high up off of the ground, or low to the ground?
- How much privacy do you want? Decks are a great way to enjoy personally enjoy nature, but you”ll need to think about how exposed you’d like your deck to be. Do you want your neighbors to able to see you while you’re outside? If not, then you should think about getting a more private deck.
- What style best suits your home? You might have a vision of a modern deck, but you live in a colonial style home. Make sure whatever deck style you choose matches the style of your home.
When designing your deck, you’ll need to take in account:
- How many people you’re going to allow on your deck
- Cooking space, if you want to grill on your deck
- Seating arrangements
In reality, no one deck is better than the other. It’s all about what best suits your home, your budget, and your vision. There’s a way to have all three of these things. You can call our office, (972)-542-7774, or contact us online today for more information.