Selecting the best roofing contractor for your roof is tough. These days, it seems like there’s a new roofing company opening up on each block in DFW. Everyone is competing for attention. With such an abundance of choices, you need to do your due diligence to find high-quality roofing services.
Here are a few questions to ask your roofing contractor to find the best service.
- Do you have a website and a business address? A reputable roofing contractor will have a physical address and professionally maintained website. Check their information, history, and local numbers for credibility.
- Do you have a license and insurance? DFW roofing companies should have adequate insurance coverage and business licensing to operate in the area. Ask to see both before you schedule any kind of service.
- How long have you been in business? Your roofing company should be experienced. Hire a contractor with at least 10 years of roofing experience for the best results.
- Do you hire subcontractors? If at all possible, try to hire a roofing company that does the work itself—not one that hires subcontractors. Typically, subcontractors are not licensed or insured in the same way as a big company.
- Do you have a list of references? Speaking to past clients will give you the necessary insight you need to choose the best roofing contractor. Go beyond that and check the reviews on their social media pages, including Google or Yelp, for more information. You may even wish to contact the BBB to find any complaints filed against the roofing company.