McKinney TX Metal Roofing
Paradigm: Your Metal Roofing Experts
Metal roofs have many distinct advantages over other roofing materials. They are durable, easy to install, lightweight, fireproof and available in any number of design patterns.
Types of Metal RoofsThere are many types of materials used for metal roofs today, including copper, steal, granule and aluminum. However, there are three main types of roofs, and each has its own installation method and design pattern.
- Corrugated Metal Roof: This uses flat panels of corrugated metal. Although this is not a system that traditionally appears in residential areas, technology has led to the production of panels that have greater curb appeal and are suited to urban living. Historically, the panels are made of galvanized steel, but other metals are coming into favor.
- Standing seam panel: This uses flat sheets of metal (copper, aluminum, stainless steel) joined with raised seams. The joints are locked together, and the edges are folded back over, creating a watertight seal. The metal comes in rolled form and cut to the measurements of the roof. This is one of the oldest roofing systems in use, and its installation requires the skills of professional roofing companies.
- Metal shingles: These are shingles designed to replicate the look of shingles made from other materials. They can look like composition, wood, cedar, slate or ceramic shingles. They also can paint the shingles to suit your design preferences.
Advantages to metal roofs
- Longevity: A properly installed metal roof can last for years. Maintenance is low, and the roof system simply requires keeping debris off the surface.
- Weight: Metal roofing materials are significantly lighter than other roofing materials. Because of this, in many cases, they can be laid over an existing roof without having to go through the process of removing and disposing of the old roof. If the decking is in good condition, there will be no other need to install the roof system.
- Fireproof: There are no worries here, as the metal roof system is the safest of all roof systems from a fire-resistant standpoint.
- Recyclable: Metal roofs are completely recyclable. The old roofing material can be used repeatedly in different applications.
If you are building a new home or looking to replace and old roof, consider a metal roof system. It’s a unique look, durable and cost-effective. Contact our McKinney TX roofing company for more information.